Sandra Bullock has a passion for ‘penis facials.’ The Ocean’sRead more...
Long, thick and lustrous hair is high on every woman’s wishlist. But everyday exposure to dust, pollution, sun and dirt makes it an almost impossible dream to achieve. Products available in the market contain chemicals which do more harm than good in the long run. So how do you combat all these problems while still keeping hair healthy and strong?
Easy Homemade Beauty Tips For Hair To Follow:
1. General Health: Diet
Diet plays a very important part in the overall health of our hair just like skin. Here are a few additions to your diet as per your hair type that will help you add some glory to your crowning glory.
- Normal Hair: Fish, chicken, dals, sprouts.
- Dry Hair: Raw vegetables, pulses, brown rice, bananas, nuts, vitamin E capsules.
- Oily Hair: Green leafy vegetables, salads, fresh fruits, yogurt.
2. Shampoo: Mild shampoo
The most important of steps to keeping your hair healthy is keeping it clean. And the product you choose needs to be right for you. Always keep them mild.
- For dry hair: Choose one doesn’t further strip your hair of its natural oils.
- For Oily hair: Choose one that works on limiting the activity of your oily scalp
Do use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile or the product build up will effect the results that you shampoo has. Ladies, please remember that the shampoo is meant to clean your scalp and not condition your hair so aver doing the shampoo for dry hair is not going to help you in anyway. If anything it will only cause harm in the long run. Use only a drop the size of a coin for one wash, it is more than sufficient.
3. The best conditioners: Egg
Eggs work wonders on your hair. The yolk is rich in fat and proteins which greatly acts in moisturizing while the white helps to remove unwanted oils.Use egg to condition normal hair, egg yolks for dry hair and whites for oily hair. Remember to rinse with lukewarm water only !!!
4. Cleansing away the itchy scalp: Lemon juice and olive oil
An itchy scalp can be a result of poor diet, stress or climate. Treat it with a mixture of 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, olive oil and water.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash off as usual.
The lemon juice helps remove dry flakes of skin while the olive oil moisturizes the scalp.
5. Damaged hair: Honey and Olive oil
Sun’s rays can be really harmful for your hair and can damage it badly. To get rid of this problem, try honey and olive oil.
- Massage 1/2 cup honey and 2 tbsp olive oil into clean damp hair
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Olive oil conditions while honey has both anti-bacterial and conditioning properties.