Indian captain Virat Kohli has been named as one ofRead more...
- Yoga is always thought as calming and not as a cardio exercise.
- It increases oxygen supply to the cells to help burn fat.
- Uttanasana is a yoga pose that works on your abdominal muscles.
If you are dreading to go for a party just because you can’t fit into your perfect dress or suit, then try yoga for weight loss. Yoga will help you lose the extra flab and make you feel good about yourself.
How to lose weight with yoga
Yoga is always thought as calming and not as a cardio exercise. But when you do yoga to lose weight, you will see the results in some time. It offers an excellent cardio workout, resistance training and stretch training to regain and maintain flexibility besides weight reduction.
Most of the yoga asanas for weight reduction emphasize on breathing that creates calm and serene states of being. It increases oxygen supply to the cells of our body and helps in burning the fat cells. Some of the examples of weight loss yoga asanas that involve deep breathing are kapalbharti, pranayama and anulom-vilom. Each time you practice these asanas for weight reduction, you burn extra calories to get rid yourself from the layers of fat on your body. These also help in toning the muscles and increasing their endurance level.
Yoga asanas to reduce fat
Following yoga regime regularly helps in fat management of our body. The most effective one is Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation. For a week if you do 51 rounds of Surya Namaskar in a day, you will be amazed at the results.
Yoga for weight loss: Ardha chandraasana
This pose is excellent to tone your lower body and get fat off from it. If thighs and buttocks are your problem areas, practice the yoga to reduce weight.
- Stand with your feet together.
- Raise your hands above your head and join your palms.
- Stretch your arms in a manner to reach for the ceiling.
- Slowly bend sideways from your hips, keeping your hands together.
- Keep your elbows straight feeling the stretch from your fingertips to your thighs.
- You will feel the stretch along the side of your stomach and back.
- Hold the pose as long as you can.
- Get back to the start position and repeat this pose on the other side.
Yoga for weight loss:Veerbhadrasana
Also referred to as the warrior pose, veerbhadrasana stretches your back and strengthens your core. This pose helps you get rid of fat from your midsection.
- Stand with your feet together with hands by your side.
- Extend your right leg forward and the other leg extended backwards.
- Bend your right knee so that you get into the lunge position.
- Twist your torso in a way that it should be facing your bent right leg.
- Now turn your left foot sideways for extra support.
- Straighten your arms and raise your body up and away from your bent knee.
- Tilt your torso backwards so your back forms and arch.
- Stay in this pose for 3-5 seconds.
- To get back to the initial position, straighten your right knee and push off your right leg.
- Now, repeat the steps with the other leg.
Hands can be used for the support if you don’t feel comfortable. Moreover, never rush out of this pose as there could be an injury to your back or legs.